Folkestone, one of Kent’s most elegant Edwardian resorts, combines the hustle and bustle of a busy ferry port with the charm of a traditional fishing harbour. Much of the town has a quaint old feel about it, with winding, narrow cobbled streets leading down to the harbour. For a quiet stroll head for the ‘Leas’, which has colourful flower beds stretching for over a mile. Our excursions include Canterbury, which has the perfect blend of city and countryside, and across the Channel to Belgium and the beautiful town of Bruges.
Grand Burstin Hotel, Folkestone
- The Grand Burstin towers over Folkestone's attractive harbour.
- Excellent choice of facilities and a full programme of LIVE CABARET.
- Take a Break at the Grand Burstin and dine in style, unwind in relaxed surroundings, maybe even enjoy a little light exercise in the Pavilion Leisure Club. In the evenings enjoy the entertainment.
- The Grand Burstin’s resident team put on the glitz and glamour for a different cabaret spectacular every evening.
- All bedrooms have en-suite, telephone, colour TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
- Excursion to Canterbury: Canterbury is one of England's most famous cathedral cities and is one of the most attractive corners of rural Kent. The majestic cathedral towers over the charming, narrow streets and old buildings of this wondrous city. Canterbury is a delightful mix of architecture, history, art, culture, museums, shops of every description, visitor attractions and good restaurants. There is something for everyone!
- Excursion to Bruges, Belgium: Bruges, once a flourishing trading centre, with its wealthy merchant’s homes built lovingly and to last. Through time, the city slumbered as a forgotten backwater, but its rich heritage and picture-postcard beauty could not remain hidden forever and inevitably, Bruges was rediscovered as an unspoilt treasure. Visitors now flock to explore the cobbled streets and old guild houses in the Market Place; however the canals enchant visitors with their ancient humped bridges, that create its unique character. Small enough to explore by foot, horse-drawn carriage or canal boat, there is much to see - museums and art flourish, good restaurants abound and pretty shops sell lace, Flemish tapestry, specialty beers and chocolates…simply wonderful! (Don’t forget your passport!)
- Day 1: Join the coach and head to our resort. Check-in at our chosen hotel, with dinner and an evening at leisure.
- Days 2 - 3: At leisure in resort with two INCLUDED excursions. Breakfasts and dinners.
- Day 4: Breakfast and we board our coach for the return journey home. Arrive back later today.
- Coach travel throughout
- Reserved seating throughout your break
- Three nights’ dinner, bed and breakfast
- Entertainment nightly
- Included excursions as shown in INCLUSIVE PACKAGES
- Ferry/Eurotunnel crossing to France
- Passport required for excursion to Bruges. Excursion to Bruges could be via Eurotunnel or by ferry.
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplement applies: £2 0 for 4 days, £30 for 5 days.