The great appeal of Normandy is its beautiful countryside, wonderful beaches and the lovely local architecture; including the ancient half-timbered buildings. There is much attractive coastline to explore, along with the important sights of the Normandy Landing beaches and the beautiful gardens at Giverny. Rouen is a cultured city, with enough museums and churches to quench the thirst of the most dedicated tourist. You'll probably recognize La Cathedrale Notre-Dame - the Gothic masterpiece that has been the focus of many Monet paintings. The old quarter has many half-timbered houses around Rue des Carmes, with its smart shops and cafes. Rouen was captured by the English during the Hundred Years’ War and it was in place du Vieux Marche, that Joan of Arc was tried and burned at the stake. And, if you like busy street cafes, cool bars, boutique shopping and quaint streets to wander along. This is the place. Don't miss out!
- Things to do: Learn about Joan of Arc and see where she was burnt at the stake; wander the beautiful streets with fabulous shops and intriguing medieval buildings; Rouen is a young town, sample the well-developed nightlife.
- Interesting facts: Rouen's Notre-Dame Cathedral inspired Monet to paint his Cathedral series; some of Rouen's half-timbered houses and buildings date from the 13th century; Rouen was relatively undamaged during WWII.
Hotel Ibis Rouen Centre
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Hotel Ibis Rouen Centre Rive Droite is a short walk from place du Vieux Marche (the old market square) and the city’s shopping streets, and is just 10 minutes' stroll from the Flaubert Bridge and Gros Horloge.
- The hotel offers 88 air-conditioned rooms with Wifi access.
- The hotel features a restaurant, bar, snack service and has a terrace.
Honfleur: This picturesque little port village has been a magnet for artists for many years, including the great French impressionists. The cobblestone streets of the town and the old basin full of sailboats are especially attractive.
One can visit the many shops and galleries where there are excellent restaurants nearly everywhere. There are several museums and unique old wooden churches to see as well.
- Day 1: Join coach this morning and journey east for our early-afternoon crossing to France. Once in France, we drive through the Picardy countryside into Normandy. We arrive at hotel with the remainder of the day at leisure, enjoying the hotel and the town itself.
- Days 2-3: At leisure in Rouen with an included excursion. Breakfasts included.
- Day 4: After breakfast, we'll depart Rouen and head for Calais to cross back to the UK. Arrive home later today.
- Return coach travel
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Entertainment as described
- Excursions and inclusions as selected.
Admissions are not included unless stated.
- Passport required for this holiday. Travel insurance required for this holiday. Ask our travel experts for more information on Leisuretime Insurance.
- Please ask us for an itinerary
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £70 for 4 days. For the latest prices and offers visit us in store, online or call our travel experts.
- ‘Board’ and ‘Board Basis’ refers to mainstay hotel.