The Isle of Man is a unique self governing kingdom, with its own parliament, traditions and culture. As a holiday island, it is best known for its very relaxed pace of life. The Isle of Man offers fabulous scenery, enchanting glens, miles of un-crowded beaches, medieval castles, Victorian railways and trams, beautiful parks, gardens, and fascinating museums and heritage centres. The thriving East Coast town and port of Douglas is the capital of the Isle of Man. The magnificent sweep of Douglas Bay, against the background of green hills, has a charm hard to equal.
We have included excursions to Castletown, the ancient capital of the Island, together with Laxey which is perhaps most famous for being home to the largest working waterwheel in the world.
- Interesting facts: The World Tin Bath Championships are held here. Competitors from around the globe take part in this annual competition. Participants must ‘sail’ in their tin bath across Castletown Harbour.
- The Isle of Man has its own stamps and currency with the same denominations as the United Kingdom.
- Things to do: Try the island's old-fashioned Victorian transport. With steam, electric and mountain railways to choose from, you won’t be stuck for options.
Chesterhouse Hotel, Douglas ***
- The Chesterhouse Hotel is located in Douglas, the capital of The Isle of Man. This is a great base from which explore everything that this enchanting island has to offer.
- The hotel has a bar, lounge and a restaurant with views over the Irish Sea.
- There are 67 rooms, many with glorious views onto the seafront, with en-suite facilities, colour television, hairdryer, plus tea and coffee making facilities.
- Board Basis: Full Board (Breakfast, Dinner & 2 Packed Lunches)
- Excursion to Laxey & Ramsey: Discover the holiday island on our full day excursion to Laxey, where we visit the famous Laxey Wheel, one of the island’s most striking sights and the largest working waterwheel in the world. We then continue on to the busy seaside resort of Ramsey.
- Excursion to Castletown, Port Mary & Port Erin: We include a visit to Castletown, the island’s ancient capital, dominated by its 600 year old castle which is built around a picturesque harbour. Wander the narrow winding streets to enjoy some sightseeing and discover the old stone cottages. Discover Port St Mary, with its fishing harbour and houses strung out in a chain above the busy dockside. As well as this, discover pretty Port Erin that lies at the South Western tip of the island that offers a glorious wide, fine, sandy beach.
- Day 1: Join the coach early this morning for Heysham and the ferry crossing to the Isle of Man. Arrival in Douglas and check in at our chosen hotel. Dinner
- Days 2 - 3: At leisure with 2 included excursions. Breakfasts and dinners.
- Day 4: Day at leisure in Douglas. Breakfast and dinner.
- Day 5: Breakfast and check out of our hotel. Board the ferry for our crossing back to Heysham and homeward journey.
- Return coach travel
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast, dinner and two packed lunches
- Entertainment as described
- Excursions and inclusions as selected
- Travel insurance required for this holiday. Ask our travel experts for more information on Leisuretime Insurance.
- Itinerary available on request
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £40 for 4 day; £50 for 5 days.
- For the latest prices and offers visit us in store, online or call our travel experts.