Enchanting Lake Garda has attracted people since the beginning of civilization. It is surrounded by an amphitheater of precipitous mountain sides that plunge into its deep blue waters. Verdant valleys grow lemons, oranges, limes, olives and many subtropical flora. Along its shores are resplendent little villages, villas and majestic ancient towns with a rich display of classical architecture. Coupled with an exceptionally mild climate is Lake Garda’s close proximity to the romantic cities of Verona and Venice. The beautiful lakeside towns have charmed visitors for years and are pretty, pleasant places to stay. The resort of Toscolano Maderno, on the lake’s ‘Riviera of Lemons’, is set amidst the most illustrious lakeside lands, and nestled atop a wide promontory, between the romantic port of Toscolano and the Gulf of Maderno. Crowned with evergreens and Mediterranean plants, and dating back to Roman times, Maderno and Toscolano have town squares with ancient churches, with bars, shops and cafes along the lakefront.
A stroll brings you to the harbour, where you can sit and watch life on the lake go by. Thursday is market day here.
Hotel Adria Resort
- The friendly and welcoming 3 star Hotel Adria Resort is surrounded by delightful private gardens, where one can relax amidst the colourful Mediterranean plants and flowers. The solarium area, with swimming pool, sun beds and umbrellas, is the real attraction of this place.
- The hotel has a large lounge, ballroom and outdoor terrace. Many of the rooms have marvellous lake views.
- Bedrooms have en-suite, television, hairdryer, air-conditioning, mini-bar, telephone and balcony or terrace (lake or garden view).
- We have a welcome drink on arrival, a candlelit dinner and a live music show at the hotel, a favorite moment for guests.
- For your extra comfort and enjoyment during your outbound and return journeys, we have included overnight hotels with breakfast in your holiday price. Your hotels will be named on your final travel documents.
- Hotel Options:
- Board Basis: Full board (Breakfast, Dinner, 4 light lunches)
- Extra Drinks: Free Bar (8 free drinks per day)
- Excursion to Verona: With a beautiful ‘old town’, a maze of narrow streets and open squares, Verona is one of Italy’s great cultural cities. Home to the ‘Romeo and Juliet’ story, sights include Bra Square, the Roman Arena, the house and tomb of Juliet, the market at Piazza Erbe and the Piazza dei Signori.
- Excursion to Venice: One of the world’s great romantic cities. Built in the middle of Laguna Veneta, Venice is remarkable, with incredible buildings, colourful houses, and palaces from the Venetian Empire. Hidden backwaters, piazzas, quaint churches and gondolas all add to the charm. Not to be missed; the Doge’s Palace, St Mark’s Square, Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge. (Venice bus boat is extra, around 25 Euros).
- Gems of Lake Garda Tour: This is one of Europe’s most stunning locations, encompassing colourful and diverse lakeside towns. We have a relaxing day travelling a through attractive lakeside villages and making a stop at the pretty lakeside village of Salo, as we make our way to the southern tip of the lake. We will visit the historic peninsula town of Sirmione, with its picture-book castle standing in the water. We then visit Peschiera, perhaps one of most characteristic towns of Lake Garda. It is completely surrounded by canals and its historical origins date back to the Bronze Age. During the Roman period, Peschiera became an important centre and today the town is still surrounded by striking medieval walls showing how life has changed over the centuries.
- Day 1: Journey east for our afternoon crossing to France. Continuing our journey, we arrive at our overnight hotel.
- Day 2: After breakfast we travel south and cross the border into Switzerland, where we may admire the scenery of this truly beautiful country. Entering Italy, we continue to Lake Garda and our lakeside resort. Dinner and free time at leisure.
- Days 3 - 6, 7 or 9: At leisure with included excursions to Venice and Verona, along with our Gems of Lake Garda tour. Breakfasts and dinners included.
- Day 7, 8 or 10: We bid farewell to our hosts after breakfast and head back through Switzerland and France, arriving at our hotel for our overnight stop.
- Day 8, 9 or 11: Breakfast. We return to the UK via Calais. Arrive home later today.
- Return coach travel
- Hotel accommodation with full board basis
- Entertainment as described
- Meals and drinks as selected
- Excursions and inclusions as selected.
- General: Passport required for this holiday. Travel insurance required for this holiday. Ask our travel experts for more information on Leisuretime Insurance.
- Free bar and drinks specials available on selected dates, subject to availability. Please ask for details.
- Please ask us for a full itinerary
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £120 for 8 days, £130 for 9 days, £160 for 11 days. For the latest prices and offers visit us in store, online or call our travel experts.
- ‘Board’ and ‘Board Basis’ refers to mainstay hotel.