Monschau, in the Eifel Mountains region of Germany is an idyllic town of narrow, steep-roofed, half-timbered houses and inns clustered along the banks of the River Rur. The area is steeped in 2,000 years of history, from the Romans to Charlemagne who chose the Eifel region and the City of Aachen as the centre of his Empire. Thousands of years ago, the Eifel region saw more than 200 bubbling volcanoes. Today you will find sleepy farming villages and small health spas like Bad Munstereifel. This area is well known for being a photographers’ paradise and is certainly a good example of ‘Picturebook Germany’
Carat Hotel, Monschau. This attractive hotel is situated in a quiet location, just 300m from the centre of Monschau.
- 100 en suite rooms with satellite TV and hairdryer
- Indoor swimming pool and sauna
- Porterage and welcome drink
- Eifel Mountains & Bad Munstereifel: We drive through the lush green countryside of the Eifel Mountains region, along the winding country roads and through the small villages with ample photographic opportunities. We will stop for lunch at the Mariawald Abbey (not included) before taking a scenic drive to Bad Munstereifel. Explore this romantic town with picturesque half-timbered buildings, narrow streets and alleyways and a lively pedestrian area.
- Historic City of Aachen: We travel into the historic city of Aachen, where you will have free time to explore this historic city. You may wish to visit the magnificent Gothic Cathedral, the coronation church of more than 30 German kings and the burial site of Charlemagne. In 1978 it became the first German building to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Take a stroll around Aachen’s historic Old Town and wander through the narrow lanes and historic squares.
- Day 1: Local departure and a lunchtime crossing to Calais. Early evening arrival in Altenahr for our stay.
- Days 2-4: Free to relax in resort and enjoy our two included excursions. Breakfasts and dinners are included.
- Day 5: Depart after breakfast for a late afternoon crossing back to the UK and continue home arriving in the evening.
- Return coach travel
- Hotel accommodation
- Entertainment as described
- Meals and drinks as selected
- Excursions and inclusions as selected.
- Admissions are not included unless stated.
- General: Passport required for this holiday. Travel insurance required for this holiday. Ask our travel experts for more information on Leisuretime Insurance.
- Please ask us for an itinerary
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £80 for 5 days. For the latest prices and offers visit us in store, online or call our travel experts.