Join us beneath Italian blue skies to discover the best of Italian culture, hospitality and stunning scenery.
Indulge in glorious sights of Rome’s epic lost empire. Take breath-taking bends along Amalfi’s stunning coast. See sophisticated cliff-hugging towns like Sorrento. And witness the petrified remains of frozen-in-time Pompeii. It’s all on this grand Italian outing.
We stay in some lovely, hand-picked hotels with most meals included. Our included excursion programme features eternal Rome, the fascinating ruins of Pompeii and the stunning Amalfi Coast.
Stay for three nights near Frascati, in the foothills overlooking Rome, at the 4 star Villa Vecchia. The location of the hotel affords us the opportunity to have a tour of Rome and is a great base in a beautiful area. Take a dip in the pool and relax on terrace, sipping a cool drink as the sun sets over Rome!
Stay for a night in the Italian Lakes, on the banks of Lake Maggiore; a night in Tuscany; and another in the famous Alps town of Chamonix. Breakfasts and dinner are included at these hotels.
We’ll also have overnight hotels on the outbound and return journeys with breakfast included.
Hotels will be confirmed on final travel documents.
- Day 1: Join our coach and travel to Dover for our crossing to France. Continuing our journey, we arrive at our overnight hotel.
- Day 2: Enjoy breakfast before travelling south, admiring the scenery en-route. Entering Italy, we continue onto our hotel in Stresa on the banks of beautiful Lake Maggiore. Spend some time settling in before dinner and an evening at your leisure.
- Day 3: After breakfast, travel to our hotel in Frascati for three nights. Our hotel, Villa Vecchia, is a great place to stay. The Hotel features a stunning panoramic terrace offering breath-taking views over the city of Rome and the nearby Roman Castles. Dinner this evening.
- Day 4: After breakfast jump on board the coach for full day excursion to Rome, with an included guided tour. There's some free time afterwards for you to do as you please in Rome, before returning to your hotel for dinner.
- Day 5: After breakfast join the coach for the short journey to Frascati where you can enjoy some free time; or, if you prefer, you could catch the train into Rome for a second days sightseeing (at your own expense). Dinner at the hotel.
- Day 6: Enjoy breakfast before departing the hotel as we travel south to the Amalfi Coast via Naples, passing by the great Mount Vesuvius as we reach Pompeii. Our stop at Pompeii includes entrance and a guided tour. Continue on to our hotel in the picturesque port town of Vico Equense, with check in and dinner this evening.
- Day 7: We have no doubt you'll enjoy the stunning Amalfi Coastal Drive. Returning to the hotel for dinner, you'll have the evening to spend at your leisure.
- Day 8: Today, you have the choice to either spend the day relaxing by the delightful swimming pool and soaking up the view. Alternatively, you could join our optional day excursion to Capri. Dinner at the hotel.
- Day 9: After breakfast, we will make the short journey into Sorrento where you'll have free time to explore and enjoy. Dinner this evening.
- Day 10: After Breakfast at the hotel, we depart our hotel and head north into Tuscany. Stay overnight in the Tuscan hills surrounding Chianciano Terme. Dinner this evening.
- Day 11: After Breakfast, we make our way back though the Alps, to the beautiful French mountain resort of Chamonix, at the foot of Mont Blanc. Dinner this evening.
- Day 12: Bid farewell to our hosts after breakfast, and make for our final overnight hotel stop in the St Quentin area of France.
- Day 13: Breakfast and head to Calais for our crossing to the UK. Arrive home later today.
- Return coach travel
- Short sea crossings
- 12 night’s hotel accommodation. 12 buffet breakfasts; 10 dinners.
- Excursions and inclusions as stated.
Included Extras: welcome drinks; admission to Pompeii with guided tour; visit to Rome with guided tour; Amalfi coastal drive.
Optional Extras: Excursion to Capri (costs around £60 – please see you tour driver for details)
Admissions are not included unless stated.
General: Passport required for this holiday. Travel insurance required for this holiday. We offer a competitively priced insurance policy for this holiday.
Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £195. For the latest prices and offers visit us in store, online or call our travel experts. ‘Board’ and ‘Board Basis’ refers to mainstay hotel.