Located in the South West corner of Ireland, County Cork is the largest of all the Irish counties and in many ways the most varied. Here the warm flow of the Gulf Stream casts a magical spell, ensuring that exotic foliage flourishes and rare plants thrive in these unusually mild conditions, whilst the surrounding waters are rich with the finest seafood. Rich farmlands and river valleys contrast with wild sandstone hills and a magnificent coastline shaped by the Atlantic into picturesque bays, rocky headlands and golden sands. Set amongst the many attractions of County Cork lies our holiday base, the famous and picturesque village of Blarney, one of the most legendary places in Ireland rich in folklore, nostalgia and legend all surrounded by wonderful scenery.
- Things to do: Why not kiss the famous Blarney Stone and never again be lost for words again! Go shopping at Blarney Woollen Mills Shop where you’ll receive a special Leisuretime discount!
Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel, Blarney
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you in Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel. Nestled in the picturesque village of Blarney, next to the famous Blarney Woollen Mills, this award winning hotel has recently been completely renovated to a very high standard.
- All 48 en-suite bedrooms are beautifully furnished and have satellite TV, phone, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Guests have free use of the fitness centre which includes a gym, squash court, sauna and solarium.
- Guests may also use the pool at Blarney Park Hotel, just 5 minutes walk away where you can pamper yourself in the beauty and therapy room (charges paid locally).
- Excursion to Kinsale: A half day excursion to Kinsale, a delightful town with a long waterfront, quaint narrow streets, a beautiful natural harbour and its 17th century fort. It is also regarded as the gourmet capital of Ireland. Perhaps wander the winding streets and enjoy a bite to eat on the quayside before we return to the hotel.
- Excursion to Cork and the Titanic Experience Cobh: This morning we have some time in Cork, Ireland’s second largest city. Steeped in history, Cork is built upon water with the city centre built on an island. You will then go to the port of Cobh and have the Titanic Experience. Cobh (formerly Queenstown) was the last port of call of the ill-fated ship and the tragedy of the Titanic is featured and artefacts from the ship exhibited. Situated in the original offices of The White Star Line, the location marks the departure point for the last 123 passengers who boarded the Titanic on its fateful maiden voyage to America. The story is told using innovative audio visual technology bringing our characters to life through cinematic shows, scene sets, holographic imagery and touch screen technology. Admission included.
- Visit to Jameson Whiskey Heritage Centre and Youghal: Today we visit to the Jameson Irish Whiskey Heritage Centre at Midleton for a tour of the distillery and tasting. Admission included. Continue on to the seaside town of Youghal with its fine beaches, one of the best examples of a Norman walled port in Ireland with quaint streets and Victorian shop fronts.
Arrival home will be during the early hours of Day 6.
- Day 1: We travel to West Wales for our crossing to Ireland. Continue on to County Cork and the Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel where we stay for the next four nights.
- Days 2-4: At leisure with three included excursions. Breakfasts and dinners included.
- Day 5: Breakfast and a leisurely morning at the hotel. Lunch is included at the hotel today before we make our way to the Waterford Crystal Factory Shop. Some free time here before we make our way to Rosslare for our return homebound sailing.
Return coach travel; hotel accommodation; entertainment as described; meals and drinks as selected; excursions and inclusions as selected
- Leisuretime customers will receive a 10% discount at the Blarney Woollen Mills Shop.
- Travel insurance required for this holiday. Ask our travel experts for more information on Leisuretime Insurance.
- Itinerary available on request
- Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing; Single room supplements apply: £50.